GDF Suez Group
GDF Suez Energy in the UK is a specialist energy supplier who is well established in the industry; they deal in commerce across UK and also have become a growing player in the electricity generation arena.
They are a leading duel fuel supplier to business in the UK and have a range of services and products that meet most energy requirements.
GDF Suez Energy is one of the major energy suppliers to many of the UK’s commercial and industrial customers, their customers range from small companies to industrial plant that are high energy intensive.
The company believes in offering innovative energy supply products and are constantly adapting their services to meet the countries customer needs. The company is the largest utility, and is ranked the 17th largest company in the world.
Some important facts about the company
- 1. They are number five producer of electricity in Europe
- 2. They are number one independent power producer in the world
- 3. They have installed 58.4 GW capacity in full production
- 4. They have 20 GW capacity which is still under construction
- 5. During 2008 their production of power was 227 TWh
- 7. They are also the number one buyer of natural gas in Europe
- 8. They are also the number one importer of LNG in the United States
- 9. They supply a 100 bcm portfolio
- 10. They have a fleet of 20 LNG vessels and five more under construction.
- 11. The company is also the number one supplier across businesses in Europe
- 12. And the number two supplier of world environmental services.
GDF Suez Energy completed their first wind farm project in 2010 at Craigengelt which is near Stirling, Scotland. The Craigengelt wind farm has installed 8 turbines that are capable of generating 20 MW, this is sufficient electricity to be able to power 13,000 homes. The wind farm also prevents the release 0of 27,000 tonnes of CO2 annually.
Head Office: EATON HOUSE, STATION ROAD, LEEDS, LS20 8XB Company Registration: 4704157 Vat Registration: 817013852